Friday, October 7, 2011

A Whole Lotta Nothin

October is finally here. I love this month. It may have something to do with the fact that it's my birthday month. Or that every year around this time I desire to get in the kitchen and bake bread. Or maybe it's because I switch out all my candles and put out new scents that include names like, "Caramel Apple" and "Autumn Wreath".

Photobucket

October is where it's at.

It's also a time when everyone seems to catch a cold. Maybe it's the sudden drop in temperature, or that everyone is running to get their flu shot (and I SWEAR that makes everyone sick). Anyway, I've got two sickies at home this week. Chris, who never, ever, ever gets sick...is sick. And then there's Bubby. Poor kiddo. He lost his voice and has a deep chest cough. If there's anything that throws my confident "Mama can handle this" vibe out the window, it's a sick baby. I become clueless and frantic over a runny nose. I'm sure the more kids we have, the less frantic I'll be, but for now...I really hate it when my lovies are sick.

Not much has gone on this week. I took some pictures for a friend and her family and let me tell you it was so much fun! She has a remarkable family and I think at one point I asked if they would adopt me. Here's a few shots from the beach shoot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And because editing all these pictures took up my week, I didn't get a whole lot of shots of normal life around here. The only ones in my camera were of the day Tristan got his new fire truck. He loves it...and I'm ready to chuck it out the window because it's annoying. Who wants to hear sirens and beeping all the time? I really didn't think this toy purchase through.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And on a side note, I really need an iPhone.

Photobucket

And on another side note, we had this insane storm last week that I swear was a tornado in disguise. I've never felt my house shake like that, except during the hurricane. Nutty. Nutty, I tell you.

Photobucket

Alright. Back to life again. This weekend promises tons of fun with pumpkin picking and chai lattes. Maybe I'll even bake some bread. Or just watch Chris do it since I probably shouldn't be allowed near my oven.

Have a happy weekend.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails