
It was a gorgeous 80 degrees outside, but I totally faked Fall by closing the windows, cranked up the AC, and got into the kitchen to bake. I didn't have much on hand to create something super spectacular, like cupcakes that look like pumpkins or bread that was lovingly slaved away over in a hot kitchen.
I totally settled on cake from a box. Go me.

And because I'm really awesome at this stuff...I almost forgot to add the eggs.



Thank goodness I recognized my error. I don't even know what eggs do for cooking (see, again...I'm awful at baking), so I can only imagine how bad of a disaster this would have been had those three little eggs gone a missin'.


And how did it taste?

I totally nailed it.

While I was waiting to stuff my face with my newest creation, I enjoyed my flowers and iced chai latte. I do believe that checks "drink a chai latte" off my list. Delish.


**********
Remember how I told you it was beautiful this weekend? I'm pretty sure we lived at the park. I never get tired of watching my little one run off energy and make 30 trips up to the big slide and squeal with laughter as he slowly makes his way down to the ground.


Seriously. It never.gets.old.




Sometimes I get out from behind the camera for a few shots just to make it into the family album. These were so worth it.



And sometimes Bear Bear needs some extra attention and lovin'. Tristan gladly obliged.


**********
I love him.

Our date night on Friday consisted of s'mores in the backyard. Best idea ever. I may have eaten three. And I only lit two of the marshmallows on fire. I'm really bad about that. I'm so impatient that I stick it way to close to the flames and the whole thing goes up in smoke.


Wow he's handsome!
Speaking of things going up in smoke...my poor plant didn't make it. Proabably because I forgot to water it. Fail.

Happy hump day. Don't let your week go up in smoke. Take some time for yourself and do something you really enjoy. And take a picture of it. Sweet memories are good memories.


No comments:
Post a Comment