Thursday, September 15, 2011

Goodbye, Summer

Tomorrow is supposed to be 68 degrees. Dude. That's Fall in Virginia Beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It may be 90 degrees outside, but inside we pretend that leaves are changing colors and the temps are a heck of a lot cooler.

Photobucket

My mother is probably so proud that I actually decorated for a season in our home other than Christmas.

I think Fall is my favorite time of year. I love me some apple cider, apple pie, candied apples, and all things apple. Obviously. Fall is a time in our house when we slow down a bit. Family meals seem to last a bit longer, more candles seem to be lit, and I seem to desire to want to get in the kitchen and bake. That's never a good thing. I'm really bad at baking. One time, I made cookies with powdered sugar instead of flour. My cookies became a giant mess on the bottom of my oven. To this day I still have chunks that refuse to come off even though I've cleaned the Bejesus out of it.

OK...that cookie story totally happened twice. See? I'm REALLY bad at baking!

As a last ditch effort to hold on to the last little bit of summer we've got, I took Bubby to get some ice cream. I decided life is too short to feed it to him in a bowl, so I took extra wet-wipes along, requested one scoop of confetti flavored goodness, and let the kid go to town.

Best idea ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought a Hummingbird feeder at Target for six dollars. Best money I've spent there besides the bubble wands in the dollar isle. I have yet to have my camera out and ready when the bird flies up, but one day I'll capture it. In a picture, I mean. Not literally.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this plant? Twenty dollars at Home Depot and it's huge. And pretty. And I've almost killed it four times, but magically, it holds on for dear life. I like plants that don't die easily. I can't bake, and I'm not good with plants. I feel like I'm confessing my deepest and darkest secrets. I also seem to wash pens in with the laundry...pray for me, folks.

With the end of summer comes a very special little girl's birthday. I remember the first day I met this sweet girly, and three years later she's grown into the most polite, funny, and charming little woman ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kierstin, thanks for a fun day with you and your family. We love you so much, kiddo!

**********

We're so proud of daddy...more to come on this next week!

Photobucket

“Summer is kind of like the ultimate one-night stand: hot as hell, totally thrilling, and gone before you know it.”

Goodbye, summer.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails