Monday, August 1, 2011

Who New?

Happy Monday to you. I like Mondays. A fresh start to a new week, a day to set priorities, make to-do lists, and a moment to unroll your super human cape. Let it flow, baby, let it flow. You can get 'er done. We get really excited about Mondays at our house...

Photobucket

This weekend was really good. Hubby left again, and while I miss him more than I miss coffee on days I forget to delay the timer to start before I wake up because Lord knows I'm always late...it's nice to feel like I can accomplish things like a grown up around the house. Not that I really accomplished a whole lot. It's all theory at this point.

We did, however, lay around on the couch and eat brownies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing behind the couch is always fun, too. Who new?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before Mom left, we enjoyed our new patio and pergola in the blazing 1,000 degree heat. We've been in this hot spell like the rest of the country and it's ungodly hot. Totally miserable during the day, but once the sun goes down, it's a tiny bit better. Chris picked up some Hukas from his last trip overseas and I know it looks like we're doing something naughty, I swear there's not even tobacco in this stuff. It's like smoking flavored air. Pointless, really, but it tastes good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm such a rebel. Who knew?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't, however, suggest staying out while it's dark. The mosquitoes in Virginia are bigger than birds.

Photobucket

We buy Calamine lotion in bulk out here.

Before sending mom off to her brother's house for the weekend, we had a little family breakfast. This cute little photo was after I let Tristan play with the little creamers that sit on the table. He squeezed on just a tad too hard and shot it across three tables of eating couples. It was pretty awesome. He cried. I laughed 'till I cried. The other people...well, I'm hoping they'll forgive us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cheers to a new week. Set your priorities, make some goals, and let your cape flap in the wind!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails