
I got in my car this morning and was reminded of all the sweet memories I made this weekend as I brushed a bucket of sand off my front seat. Mom's here, and life is good.


The longer I live in Virginia Beach, the more I'm loving beach life. There's something about kissing a sweaty headed child, inhaling the scent of beach air and sunscreen, and joining so many others on the beach that know how great life is when you take a couple of hours to just look out at a beautiful ocean and realize how incredibly small you are here on planet earth.
And also realizing what an impact you can have. Especially on the littles.



I grew up in Minnesota, which isn't known for it's amazing beach and hot summers. Quite the opposite. In fact, they had snow this year up until the month of May. No, thank you. I'll be beachin' it every chance I get.



And a side note: beachin it is way more fun when you have kids. No one gives you funny looks for shoveling sand in buckets and creating giant castles. Even if you're kid is running halfway down the beach, arms in the air, screaming wildly that the birds took his lunch. It's all good to continue on with your childhood moment.



What a great week...and it's only Monday.
**********
We're jeepin' it at our house. A friend of my mom's was kind enough to send this little toy our way, and boy does Tristan love it. "Jeeeep!!!" is what he screams when he wakes up.


How cute is this? And who knew it was so much fun, for Granny's, too.



Here's Chris. Didn't want him left out of my blog this week.

We also let Tristan play with Daddy's drill. He's borderline obsessed with it, and if it keeps him entertained for more than 5 minutes, that kid can have it.


The boys will take a break from fixing stuff around the house to engage in a little male bonding. Nothing like a good kicking and shoving match to show who's boss around here.

Good thing they love each other.

And good thing he doesn't do this with his mama. Instead, I get the sweet bedtime story moments. And holy moley do I love them.


Wishing you all a week filled with fun, Granny's, Jeeps, and beach. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment