Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stolen

Happy fifth.

I hope your day was super fantastic. The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. It probably has something to do with the fact it falls mid-summer, it revolves around food, and one Fourth of July in 2002 my then boyfriend came home for six weeks from training in California. This was the summer that sealed the deal (haha...get it? Sealed?) for us to get married. I remember waiting most of the morning with my family and counting down the minutes until I could hop in the family van to pick Chris up from the airport. I was so nervous to see him, I could barely breathe. We parked and went to the terminal to wait. And there he was. Dressed in his uniform whites and handsome as all get-out. I ran to him, wrapped my arms so tightly around his neck, and gave him a shy kiss.

Oh to be sixteen again.

But look where that story got us.

Photobucket

Yeah...Chris needs to get back. ASAP.

Photobucket

I'd love to say that yesterday was super fun and that we created some sweet memories together as mother and son. Instead I'll be writing about how in the last three days I've wanted to pull my hair out, spanked Tristan too many times to count, and collapsed exhausted on the couch every night with a bottle...er, glass...of wine in my hand.

Photobucket

Oh to be 1 1/2 and throw tantrums daily.

Photobucket

****************************************************************************

I turned from making soup the other day to find a little beneath my feet saying, "I help, mama. I help."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*******************************************************************************

Hello, next day.

Photobucket

I couldn't handle another day of crabby baby, so I scooped him up and decided to play around a bit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank goodness it worked. Happy mama.

Photobucket

****************************************************************************

Zeke came over to play. Wow this kid is cute. I couldn't decide if I wanted to post color or black & white, so I posted both. Seriously...CUTE!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

****************************************************************************

Veggie Tales saves the day at my house. Here's a look at what happens to my son when it comes on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tristan has run up to that picture of Chris every day since he's left and kissed it. Then he'll lightly pet it and say, "Love you, daddy. Love you."

Ok...you totally stole my heart!

***********************************************************************

Fun in the sun. We do it up right around these parts. Water and fudgecicles. Holler.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy 6th, 7th, & 8th, too!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post! Loved the "bottler, er glass" line : ) Cute pictures Natalie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails