Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beachin' Time

Sometimes I love the titles of my posts more than the posts themselves. That's true today. And this title comes courtesy of my co-worker Karen, who had tell me, "no. that's dumb." to about three different naming ideas until she came up with this one.

I love it.

Beachin' Time.

So, the hubby is on vacation without me...again. I say vacation because while there is a minor amount of work involved, the man gets to fly all over the world leaving behind home responsibilities and tour things like...oh, I don't know...the pyramids. I'm totally bitter. I won't even try and hide it. That has been my dream vacation since I was in third grade studying Egypt in my History class.

my.dream.vacation.

Bitter, totally bitter I tell you.

In his absence, I've had the AC crisis of 2011, a child that has pooped in the tub every single night, and now I'm running out of dinner options because I really don't like to cook for just myself, and bubbly hardly eats anything. So, we're kind of surviving on peanut butter and jelly at the moment.

Bad mommy.

Here's my good mommy moment: we went to the beach. Yep! Just the two of us and it was glorious. Perfect weather, not a lot of people, and a parking spot in the front row. Holler! That made my walk a little less strenuous as I was carrying an umbrella, lunch box, bag of supplies & toys, and a 30lb. toddler. Oofta. Mama got her sweat on. Here's some pictures of our perfect afternoon together. I'd apologize for the quality, but I won't. That phone is free and I love free to the point where I'll take that crappy picture and post it on my blog. Free.

Photobucket

We only had one little issue. I was sitting by him while he was dumping sand into his bucket when I noticed something a little more than sand being thrown around. Yeah, poop. Why do I have so many poop stories? I don't know...my life is just full of it. Let me tell you that I totally stripped him naked to clean him off and had enough Judgey McJudgerson stares to warrant a move of all our...poop...down to another spot on the beach. Totally awesome.

Hope you all have a beachin' week, too!

1 comment:

  1. The McJudgersons were there? I haven't seen them in years! How is good old Judgey and his dear wife, Judy?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails