Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home

I have a husband.

He came home Monday. I had this really cool idea running through my head that when Chris came toward us, Tristan would get up and run to him, wrap his arms around his neck and give him a big kiss. Everyone in the airport would clap and shed a tear...here was a daddy and his son reuniting again. Mama would be in the background capturing all these amazing shots with her super sweet camera, and then I would blog about it for all the world to see.

Yeah...none of that happened.

Photobucket

Tristan and I went to wait for him, and while sitting there I kept shoving chicken nuggets in his mouth to keep him from hollering out and screaming that he wanted "DOOOOOWN!!". I got a call 20 minutes later from Chris saying he was already at baggage claim. I shove all of our junk in the stroller, strap Tristan in, run to the elevator, completely forgetting to grab my camera from the bottom of this chicken nugget disaster now strewn about the carrier on the back of his stroller. We walk through the doors and search for Chris, and when we find him, Tristan points and goes,"Daddy?". I put a question mark there because Chris now has a full beard and Bubby didn't really recognize him.

Then Tristan screamed for more chicken nuggets.

And then we went home.

Awesome story, right?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did have lots of fun playing with daddy's stuff, though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy walked in the door at this moment...BUSTED!!

**********

On a funny note, after being home for all of 12 hours, Chris turns to me and says, "Gosh. He's really annoying all of a sudden." My response? "Yes dear, I've been annoyed with him for three weeks. Have you not been reading my blog??!!"

But how can you be annoyed with this cute little Squish face?

Photobucket

Photobucket

**********

Look at my garden grow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

**********

I have this pretty amazing friend that I work with. Karen and I work two feet from each other everyday, so we know more about each other than is probably necessary, but we love it. Most days it's just us in the office, so we blast our ungodly rap, no...I definitely meant to say Christian, music and jam out at our desks. We've also instituted "Fun Day Friday", which consist of going to Buffalo Wild Wings each Friday and having lunch together.

She's one of the sweetest, most caring people I know. She'd does anything for her friends, and lucky ones like me are left with things like cupcakes on my desk at 8am just because she saw it and thought of me. Which is probably a hint that I should back away from the sweets...but I digress...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for knowing all my secrets, K, and actually keeping them. :)

**********
Lookey lookey at my new picture. I heart it with all my love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I love YOU, my dear friends, with all my heart. Have a great rest of the week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails