Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Back...And We've Got A Biter

Hello Blog. I swear I didn't forget you. Please don't be mad that I've neglected to post in a month. It's not because I didn't want to, or have a gazillion pictures for everyone to see, or even that I haven't thought of a bunch of really funny things to talk about...like my kid always pooping in the tub. Nope. None of those are my reasons. I only have one. And it's good.

I lost the cord to upload pictures from my camera to my computer.

Sheesh.

Well, I'm back. And we have a biter. It's Tristan, not me, just to clarify. Our son has recently developed this beastly attitude of running up to his "friends" at daycare, pushing them, grabbing their toy, and then grabbing their arm and eating it. This mama was totally embarrassed when she walked in to daycare and heard..."Mrs. Lundberg, we need to talk. Tristan received a "We Care" form. He's eating children's faces off." OK...I added that last part. But look, I even have proof.

Photobucket

This winter has been the worst as far as sickness is concerned. I was recently out of work for close to a week due to the stomach flu, and that's following a year's worth of colds, fevers, and snot from the little. He woke up last weekend with the left side of his face swollen. We took him to the doctor to find out he had an ear infection that had spread to his lymph nodes. And just so everyone knows, I SWEAR my kid didn't have any symptoms. He's been totally fine and I had no idea he was sick...again.

Photobucket

And totally changing topics, have you seen Madame Blueberry? It's a Veggie Tale's episode and I have it memorized. It's the only thing that Tristan will sit still for and watch, and I have to admit, the songs are quite catchy.

Here's the many stances and faces of a kid totally in love with just.this.episode.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And around here we clearly like to starve our child, so you can totally understand when he freaks.out if you don't give him a bite of the food you're eating. Maybe we're raising a puppy because this child literally will stand next to you and beg. And then if you ignore him, he throws himself on the floor and cries. It's pretty awesome. And by awesome I mean, annoying.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The little man makes up for his begging by cleaning up after himself. His new favorite toy? The broom. You'd better believe this mama will let him play away with that!

Photobucket

The next chore he's helping with? Dinner. Stuffed shells. See below. Delish.

Ingredients:
1 Box of jumbo shells
16 oz of Ricotta Cheese
8 oz of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Romano Cheese
1 Jar spaghetti sauce
1 Egg
Parsley

Photobucket

Cook your noodles.
Photobucket
(FYI: This pot was a wedding present. $15 eight years ago. Holler! This has cooked me many-a-pasta dinners.)


Mix your egg and cheeses.
Photobucket

Stuff shells and add sauce
Photobucket

Serve on fine china so it feels like you're in a fancy restaurant and not your everyday kitchen. Oh...I suggest a bottle, I mean glass, of wine too.
Photobucket

Enjoy! And here's to hoping for a "bite" free week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails