What a difference six months makes at this stage of kiddo life. My last post on the park had Tristan just about to start teething and practically falling through the swing because he was so little. Well, I don't know if he could ever fall through. That kid's been a tank his whole life!
We popped him out of his stroller and he b-lined it straight for the swings. Daddy started Under Dogs with him, and I've never heard him giggle so hard in his life. He thinks he's a big shot too, when he kicks so hard he pushes his daddy back. They probably played this game for a good three minutes, which is a lifetime in oneyearold land.




Today he mastered stepping over the side of a three foot drop and managed to get his feet securely on the step below. Scared the bejesus out of me though for the split second I thought he was falling off without his daddy there to catch him. I started calculating the cost of emergency room stitches, but thankfully, daddy's a super hero and got there just in time. I'm telling you, littles this age are FAST!


He went down the slide by himself today, too. What a big boy! So proud of himself...










All in all, today was a pretty sweet day. I love spending time outside and having Tristan is a great excuse to get my own little rear on a swing and just enjoy the day.
On the menu for tonight was French Onion Soup, courtesy of my mom. When I called to tell her how delicious it was, she informed me she hadn't made this recipe since before I was born. I told her she needs to get on it because it.is.that.good. people. Seriously. I put the recipe at the bottom of the post and will let the pictures speak for themselves.
Tomorrow is Monday and so starts another busy week, filled with work, friends, and everyday life. I love the weekends, but have so much to be grateful for the other five days of the week. Hope your five is fantastic!





Recipe
Create 2 quarts of beef broth and pour into crock pot on low setting
Cut 3 cups of onions and saute in butter until soft
Add 1/4 C. sugar to onions
Add 2 Tbs. flour to onions
Mix thoroughly and add to beef broth
Cook on low for 4 hours.
When ready, cut French bread into cubes and place in the bottom of an oven safe bowl. Add soup. Place thinly sliced Mozzeralla cheese on top followed by 1 slice of Provolone cheese. Top with dried Parmesan Cheese and French Onions. Broil until cheese is melted. Viola!
Oh your little guy is just ADORABLE! I love the hat! Your pictures are priceless! We have not visited the park yet, but you really encouraged me to! The soup looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou have to have to have to try the soup. SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteWe just opened our crock pot so ..perfect :)
ReplyDeleteYour little guy is adorable! Love his hat.
Thanks, Maggie! The hat is from Target...and I am in love with my crock pot. A total lifesaver :)
ReplyDelete