I love that show.
I also love bubbles. I love them so much that not only do we play with them outside, but we get all sorts of crazy and blow giant soap suds in the air inside, too. I know. We live on the edge around here.


(Check out my kids hideous haircut. I'd like to say we took him to a professional that totally butchered his hair. But sadly, no. It was me. I got a little crazy with the scissors. Not to worry, I've set them down and slowly backed away from hair cutting for awhile. Gotta give it a chance to grow back.)


Lookey lookey at what the Hubby brought home! Totally made my day. I love flowers, and I especially love them when they're from my lover. He got extra smooches when he walked in the door.

Mealtime in our house is pretty cool. I plop Bubby in his chair with a book or some coloring papers and let him go to town. I get in the kitchen and put on my sweet looking apron with chefs on it, and act like I know what I'm doing. I've seen enough Food Channel to short cut my way through onions, add salt to boiling water, and understand that there's a huge difference between margarin and butter. Go for the butter, folks.
I've had my share of mis-steps...like the time I baked cookies with powdered sugar instead of flour and they melted over the cookie sheet and onto the bottom of my oven. Well, I actually did that twice. So I'm bad at baking, but I think I make up for it with my regular cooking.
At least my son eats it. He prefers to put it in his hair, too. Hey. Why not? Go wild, kid. Enjoy your mama's cookin'.

And being the over achiever that he is, he's working on tieing shoelaces. Smarty Pants.


What are these hands for?!!!!)
And as proof that I do know how to cook, I'll leave you with our latest dinner. Smells good and tastes good. Try it. You'll like it.
First of all, get your recipe from the back of the can. Follow the directions.

Use these ingredients.

Start up your stove and cook, cook, cook away.

On a side note, does anyone else keep their spice cabinet organized? I ask because I'm wondering if this is weird. Knowing me, the answer is probably, "yes".

This step will make your kitchen smell d.e.l.i.s.h.

Get your broth, cut your chicken, add the onions and combine back in your soup pot...or 8 year old noodle pot that you cook everything in. Whatever works best.


I've been on a kick of serving things on nice plates recently. Here are my nice bowls. It just makes the picture prettier.


Don't forget to clean up your mess. This picture is blurry because I was litterally running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything together before hubby got home. Not because I present him with a perfect house that's always picked up and in order...that's nonsense talk with a one year old, but mainly because I was so hungry I wanted him to walk in that door and head straight for the table and dig in. And let me tell you, it was worth it. Try.This.Soup.
It's Mmmmmm Mmmmmm good!
love the bubble pictures. and i'm going to have to try the soup. I love white chicken chili but have never been brave enough to try it.
ReplyDeleteIt's easy peasy. The recipe I used was on the back of the Bush's "Great Northern Bean" can. Seriously, you can't go wrong with it. I heart it.
ReplyDelete