Sunday, March 27, 2011

Balance

I need a break.

How many times have I said that to my husband the past 15 months? Too many to count. You see, I have this incredibly fulfilling life, filled with a little itty that I longed for and tried many years and many tear-filled doctor visits to conceive. I have an amazing husband of 8 years that I married when I was just a little woman myself. I have a job that I love, and people that I love working with. My husband has three jobs, one of them being his own company that's been steadily growing and growing to the point that he's ready to fly solo and do just that full-time. We have church, friends that are more like family, and we've placed a high priority on loving life and loving our people.

But sometimes I just need to wash my Super Woman cape because it's got poop from my kid on it, last night's dinner that didn't really happen so we ate frozen pizza...again, bad attitudes from the slight bitterness I try to hide each time I'm loading another pile of laundry into the washing machine, and stress. Lots and lots of stress.

I wish I could tell you that I'm on my A-game everyday. I wish every time someone said "Natalie" they thought of a strong woman with her pink frilly cape flowing gently behind her as she stands with her fists on her hips looking confidently into the future. But that's really not what happens. If you could peek into my life after an extra long day at work, you'd find me arriving home late to a husband that's tried to start dinner, but it's currently burning on the stove because he's attending to Tristan who has just thrown his Spaghetti-O's on my freshly mopped floors. You'd hear me say a few cuss words, pick my child up, take him to the bath to get through his routine, put him to bed, eat dinner, throw in a load of laundry, and work on my husband's finances for his business before crashing into bed around 10:30pm. Yep. Most nights I forget to even kiss my husband.

But I totally signed up for this. And part of me loves it. I like being busy. But I have to find time to relax and balance out the super crazy with the chill. So this weekend we used our friends wedding as the perfect opportunity to leave behind everything that is our "normal" and take a much needed break. For 24 hours, my life was pure bliss. No baby, just me and the hubs on our way to the OBX for an overnighter with a great group of friends.

Can I get a Hallelujah?

To start our trip off, we managed to get in a quick shopping trip and hit up Starbucks for the hour and a half trip down.

Photobucket

Clearly I did not need the extra jolt of caffeine.

And you know when you're in North Carolina when the most exciting roadway signs and attractions are as follows:

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket



And this was the one and only radio station that I could find that didn't play Country music. For realz. I'm a city girl and need some rap in my life.

Photobucket



I didn't take my camera with me to the wedding, but it was on the beach and bit chilly. (cue cheesy music now...) Not to worry though....there was enough love in the air to warm our hearts.

Photobucket

OK, that was lame, but really the wedding and the reception were really fun. We danced the night away and walked back to our hotel room overlooking the ocean.

Photobucket Photobucket

Balance, people. It's all about balance. And while the next morning was pretty rough, I downed three cups of coffee, 1,000mg of Advil, and a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and was able to make it home to my sweet sleeping little all before lunch time.

Photobucket Photobucket

Here's to a week of finding your balance. Enjoy it all.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear your whole birth story one day. What a precious baby you have - so worth all the wait. Glad you could get away. I have trouble balancing my life and its so much less hectic than yours. Not sure how you balance it all. You are super mom and wife.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails