Thursday, January 20, 2011

Super Human Genes, Toddler Nose Faucets, And Macaroni

Tonight's post will be a quick one as I'm currently blowing my nose every three minutes and chasing a toddler who's nose is a faucet. It seems Tristan and I always get sick together, while Chris is like a super human against germs. This man never.gets.sick. Ever.

I took the last two days off from work to rest up and try to get myself together again. Tristan was home with me one of the two days. That child wears me out. I love him dearly, but I pray to the Lord to show me where his "pause" button is, because I can't find it and I want to. I believe I said out loud in the grocery store the other day to whomever was listening, "Jesus! Help me, Lord! This child is ANNOYING me!" Some people smiled. I think I heard a few "amens!"

On the menu for tonight was homemade macaroni and cheese. It was delish. I got the recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, and the only change I made was adding a few different types of cheeses. I mean, can you really go wrong with noodles and cheese?! I didn't think so.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Someone wasn't complaining! He ate two helpings. TWO! I should probably control his intake of food, but I'm a sucker for a chubby bubby. :)

After dinner Tristan enjoys a good jam session to "Old McDonald Had A Farm" and will bounce up and down and throw his hands in the air and laugh. Hysterically. Sometimes when I ask him what each animal says what, he gets confused. Only with one, really. When I ask him what mommy says, he proceeds to tell me, "MOO". Hmmm. Are you trying to tell me something, kid?

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite time of day may be bath time. I love watching him play and splash around. I also love that it's a great ending to a great day. Tonight Daddy spiked his hair into a Mohawk. He did not appreciate it and quickly made it straight again.

Photobucket

We've been working on some home renovations around here in our spare time. We put up blinds in our kitchen because I was tired of our neighbors waving at us on their evening stroll while I shoved my face at the dinner table. How embarrassing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also wired our downstairs for iPod and radio control. Well, I say "we" because I did do the one important task of handing my husband a beer when he came back inside from crawling around in the crawl space all afternoon. Hey. We all do what we can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alrighty. Off to blow my nose and crawl into bed. Yes, it is only 7:30pm. Have a wonderful weekend, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails