It's raining outside right now. This makes me really happy because nothing's better than falling asleep to the sound of rain on my window. Well, maybe one thing...waking up to it. Tonight's gonna be a good night. Taking NyQuil shots doesn't hurt either. I've been finding these little guys in the most random spots around the house...

Not to worry, though, because the best cure for the common cold besides wine...I mean, medicine, is soup. And tonight it was Potato Soup. I found this easy peasy recipe and thought tonight I'd give it a shot. You really can't screw this up. You boil some potatoes, cook some onions, combine, add salt & pepper, fill with milk and serve.

Surprisingly it had a lot of flavor. Probably because I added half a stick of butter. Yep. We love us some butter in this house.

And guess what next month brings?! Valentine's Day! Now, the Hubs and I don't celebrate this because we figure the other 364 days out of the year that we love each other and don't step our feet in divorce court, proves a hell of a lot more than a Hallmark card and fancy dinner ever could. But before you write me off as not lovey, you'd better believe we love to gift my boy's best buds on this day. Nothing but love and hugs to Jack & Aiden, and we can't wait to send them their Valentine's Day gift this year!

Recently Chris and I decided to "adopt" a child through World Vision. For anyone seriously considering giving to this foundation, you can visit their website here. We adopted a little girl named Suany and she is so cute. She's a year older than Tristan, and I couldn't even get through her family information without breaking down in tears. At church. In front of people I'd just met. Yep...being a mom changes your whole perspective on things. We are so excited to write to her and send her birthday gifts and let her know just how much she is loved by our Savior and us. Please consider doing the same. I promise you won't regret it.

And this little boy. I love him. He found a new toy and entertained himself for a good 20 minutes with a broom brush. Oh to be one...


Have a happy week. And kiss your littles. And hug your loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment