Friday, May 7, 2010

Can You Split It?

We've started teaching Tristan new tricks. Sort of like when you teach a dog to roll over, or when you train your husband to always say, "No hunny, you don't look fat in that dress." But, I digress...

His new trick? The splits. Yep. He's been putting weight on his legs for a little while now, but for some reason when we set him on the table (I know, don't judge. I totally put my kids feet all over our countertops.) he decides he needs to spread his legs as far apart as he can get them. Then laugh about it. He thinks it's pretty funny.







We bought this cute outfit for him when we were still calling him "Moo Moo" since we didn't know what he'd turn out to be. Thankfully, he turned out to be a baby. Well, he finally fits into the outfit, but probably for only another week. This kid is a tank and eats his way through the day.



And because he is totally irrisitable to kiss over and over and over again, we kissed him...over and over and over again.









We also started playing a new game with him. It's totally genious and I made it up myself. I put him on my knee and bounce him up and down. He loves it. He can't stop laughing and laughing. I know, I know. You totally are going to rush over to your child to pick him up and try my genious new game. There are a few rules though that you must follow. Number 1: Do NOT try this 3 minutes after you feed your child. From experience I can tell you, they will barf. Number 2: You have to sing a rediculous song and look like a rediculous person when you do it. Trust me they won't laugh at you...I mean just laugh...if you don't.













I love how Tristan thinks his daddy is so funny. Chris does these crazy faces at Tristan and I kid you not Tristan laughs so hard he can't breathe. Then I try...and nothing happens. No joke. The kid just stares at me. I read somewhere that babies learn that there daddys are more "fun" and mommys are more "nurturing". Great. I totally wanted to be the fun one.







I'm sure one day soon Tristan will be making us be the ones laughing so hard we can't breathe...and I'm so excited for those moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails