One week later...our kitchen is DONE! It took a lot of sweat (mainly Chris') a lot of tears (mainly mine) and a lot of blood...because I may have beat Chris up in the process.
We laid our tile out in a nice random non-existent pattern as seen below.
Then Chris got out his guns. And by guns I mean super muscular arms, because holy cow grouting is tough!
And then we did some drinking.
Below is a shot of the paint job before. Chris worked really hard on making it this nice washed effect. He was so mad that I wanted to change the color that he made me paint the entire kitchen myself. I'm still a little bitter.
Here's our great friend Danny. Danny is now famous because he's mentioned in my blog, and I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
(Thanks, Sara Kilgore for letting me steal this line from you...and the movie it comes from!)
Thanks for the help, biotch! We couldn't have laid floors without you and your giant hammer.
Recap:
1. Tiled Back Splash
2. Painted Kitchen
3. Installed Hardwood Floors
4. Installed Track Lighting
5. Installed Under/Over Cabinet Lighting
And here it is...the finished product. Man, does it looks AWESOME!
I must be a big deal for reading this then... he he he.
ReplyDeleteWell, I know for certain that Danny is a pro with that big, giant hammer. I mean, he did install our hardwood floors in CO all by himself.
ReplyDeleteI hate you. And your kitchen. It's beautiful and I'm so very jealous.
Hugs and kisses,
Judy
WOW!!!!!! It's marvelous. The hard work, blood, sweat, and tears (only old people like me get the pun) paid off handsomely. I think I'm looking at a kitchen featured in Better Homes and Gardens or Modern Living. GREAT JOB!!!!
ReplyDeleteHOLY CRAP your house is nice! It looks amazing!
ReplyDelete