Monday, August 15, 2011

Rain Daze

We finally had a good thunderstorm. Our poor grass has turned an awful shade of brown, and my pretty little flowers...well, they just died. Straight up shrivelled into a heaping mess of leaves. So sad.

Photobucket

I've experienced a lot of new and fun things to do with a one year old in a "Boom Boom" storm as my son calls it. There's something pretty stinkin' cool about building forts, laying around reading books, and watching 15 episodes of Sesame Street.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tristan is going through a clingy stage, and while it's so easy for me to get annoyed with the fact that he never wants me to put him down, I remind myself that these moments are fleeting. Give me 5 years and I'm sure I'll long for the times when all we did was snuggle on the couch and I put aside my to-do list.

Photobucket

Photobucket

"If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded." ~Robert Brault

We made up new games during the storm. We played Orange Ball, and rolled Nectarines across the floor to each other. Then Tristan ate them.

Photobucket
Photobucket

And in between the pop-up showers, we ran outside to play with bubbles. I got these bubble wands in the Target dollar aisle, and I think I love them more than Bubby does. I promise you that I made a complete fool out of myself waving those wands around, going back over and over again to get more bubbles floating in the air. And I'm pretty sure Tristan told me 300 times that the bubbles, "...go in sky. High. Sky blue, mama."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Most weekends consist of us either going all out, hopping in the car and never looking back...or we do nothing and mama drinks coffee all day while Tristan stays in his PJ's. With a sick little itty last week, we did the later on a Monday, which felt really weird. I woke up that morning to find Tristan had gotten sick all over his crib and he was running a slight fever. Snuggle time was in full effect.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to run some errands real quick, and when we arrived home this is how I found him.

Photobucket

Not to worry, the kid made a full recovery and the next day was back to his normal self. Nothing is worse than a puking kid. Well...unless mama is puking, too.

**********

Remember when I said I get a lot accomplished when the hubs is away? Well, it's no longer theory. I painted our office. And I did it in 5 hours, by myself. Holler!

Photobucket

And to all those who donated to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation, from the bottom of my heart...thank you. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your week. Build forts, read books, and paint some walls. It's good for the soul.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails