"I scweam."
Close enough.

Summer. This is exactly what I pictured my life would be like when I was a little girl playing dress up and hauling my babies all over the house. Trips to the "I scweam" shop and watching my little baby playing and just being a kid. I dreamed of enjoying the company of other mommies, that knew these exact moments were what being a parent was all about. We are making some pretty sweet memories today.
I'm partial to summer. There is something about sitting on my porch, watching all the kids playing freeze tag in the street and staying up way past their bed time. There's something about the ice cream truck swinging through our neighborhood on his second round, because it's summer...eat all the freakin' ice cream you want. There's something about an ice cold beer and the perfect company to share it with.


"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing,and the lawn mower is broken." -Author Unknown



And sharing an ice cold one with close friends is exactly what we did last week. My company had an off site here in Va Beach for the managers, so we were totally excited to host a BBQ at our house.

You know those nights that are totally perfect? Everyone joins in the conversation, people are laughing and having a good time? The food is...amazing? Yeah, this was totally one of those nights.

(Thanks, Mr. Hughes for taking these pics!)

Perfect.
Moving on, we went to Toys R Us this weekend. Our son has become obsessed with trains. Everything is "choo choo". The hair dryer, soap, shoes, all of it. "choo choo." So what did we do? Why, what every totally awesome parent would do. Go out to the largest toy store known to man to buy an overpriced plastic train set and listen to a toddler scream, "MIIIIIIIINE!" for an hour while we decided if we should get him the blue set or the red set.
"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." -Author Unknown
An hour later, we had our train set. I mean...Tristan's train set.






And after about 5 minutes of play, this is where I found him.

Silly parents. Next time, just get an empty box.
Good thing I love him so much. Good thing summer makes me so happy. Good thing life is so...good.
No comments:
Post a Comment