She didn't cry like she normally does as she hugs us goodbye at the airport. She's working on that...and I'm sure it helps that she'll get to see her grandson again in a few weeks. A quick kiss on the cheek and off she went, back home to count down the days until her next visit.
I'm counting them down, too.
Having a mom around is a huge help to my insane little life. Look at all the fun stuff we got to do, for free, because my mom always insists on paying for everything when she comes to see us.
She even stocks our fridge and makes meals for our freezer.
She does my laundry, too. I kind of feel like this may be a glimpse into my future...

Yep. When I grow up, I want to be just like my mom.
Starting off the week right...who doesn't love some Play-Doh?
You can roll it, smash it, smell it, and even eat it.
Even Granny wanted to get it on the fun. Look...here she is fighting Tristan for "Red".
Just kidding. She shares nicely.
And on a side note, I'm a sucker for a cute little that's just woken up from 12 hours of sleep. He's so happy, and I want to squish his face.
I can't resist jammied feet, either.
The Virginia Aquarium just had a remodel. We had so much fun watching Tristan run up to the glass and smack face first into it because he didn't realize it was there. I'm sure he thought he could literally swim with the fishies. Not so much, kid.
My favorite picture of the day

Hey look! Tristan has a mom! I know you were getting concerned since I've been in all of about three blog posts. But it's true, I do exist.
Most nights we played cards. Hands & Feet was the game, and I've been on a winning streak for the last four visits from my mom. Sadly, I have to tell you, that streak ended this week.

It ended because this joker cheated! Seriously. Who gets this many wild cards in one turn?!
At the end of her visit, my mom insists on getting one last picture with Tristan. Here's this year's photo shoot:
This one is the winner. Sorry, Mom! I couldn't resist...

And on a random note, we've been finding Elmo in the weirdest spots around the house. I swear he's following us.
And yes, that is a giant bottle of wine. Sam's Club, baby 'cuz that's how we roll.
Elmo waves bye, and wishes you a happy week!
No comments:
Post a Comment