I feel like we should have that stitched into our superhero capes.
We've been at the hospital since 12pm Thursday and it's been exhausting. Tristan was admitted for RSV and pneumonia. We were at his pediatrician's office when I was told he'd have to be sent to the hospital via ambulance for further evaluation for his breathing because he was definitely struggling and the four nebulizer treatments in 30 minutes didn't touch his symptoms.
I balled.
Fast forward two days and I'm sitting in the most uncomfortable hospital chair known to man watching my son's oxygen levels drop setting off all sorts of alarms and causing nurses to rush in. He's about to get another IV. The first one burst his vein, the second didn't take, and the third one in his foot fell out this morning. Let me tell you, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. As we pass rooms full of children who are clearly worse than Tristan, it doesn't diminish the momma pain I feel listening to him scream out from fear and pain when they poke him and give him his meds.
Despite all of this, he's doing better. He's bouncing up and down in his bouncy chair trying to pull his oxygen out for the tenth time. He's still coughing, but the wheezing has gone down. He's finally started solids again. Not much, but I'll take what I can get. We got a total of 8 hours of sleep last night which is amazing for a hospital. All of his nurses have been so kind and understanding and can't stop talking about how cute our little boy is. I'm sure they say that to all the parents, but I believe them. He is the cutest little man.
We're not sure how long we'll have to be here. We know for sure it's another day minimum, and hopefully that's it. This floor is full of sick littles and it's all I can do not to run out of my room and snuggle each one of them. I'll just be content to snuggle my little until he gets better.
Thanks for your prayers. We feel Him. Tristan is good. We're all good. We can rally.
I'm so sorry Natalie!! I just heard last night what was going on. Poor little guy. That would be so hard to watch him go through all that. Praying for a quick, complete recovery!
ReplyDeleteStill thinking and praying for all of you. And may I just say, those nurses are RIGHT because that baby of yours looks so darn cute in that hospital gown I just want to snuggle him! Hang in there - love you.
ReplyDelete