Monday, October 19, 2009

30 Weeks and Counting



Well, it's become tradition now that every morning I stand in front of the mirror and say, "Wow. I'm huge." I'm not telling you this to have a string of friendly posts stating how "cute" I look, or how I'm really imagining it and I'm just the right size. Don't lie to me. I know it's all worth it, but Lord have mercy I don't think I can grow anymore. When I asked my doctor if he could take Tristan out a little early...like around 36 weeks or so...he basically told me to pull up my boot straps and stop complaining. How rude! I mean, what does he know about carrying around a 3lb baby, running to the refrigerator to eat your third bowl of ice cream, or making your significant other run to Taco Bell at 11pm just because you "need" it. He doesn't. I'm really struggling here.

On a more serious note, I failed my first glucose screening. This test is to see if I have gestational diabetes. I needed a max score of 129 to pass. I scored 145. I went back today for the three hour test, which means they draw blood every hour after putting me on a special diet for three days. I was like a human pin cushion. I have a couple of gnarly bruises on my arms, but that's really the only bad thing about the test. I should get my results back in a week. If I'm positive for diabetes, they'll put me on a diet. Hopefully it's a diet full of ice cream and Taco Bell because we've already established I can't live without that. :)

We've got Tristan's room almost completely done. I'm waiting to post pictures until we have the bedding in. It's really cute. You can see the bedding on my registry at babiesrus.com. You can also purchase anything you want off the registry and send it to me. It won't hurt my feelings. :)

That's all for tonight. I'll post again soon with Baby Shower pictures. I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH YOU ARE HUUUUUUGE!

    haha just kidding. I love you. Don't hurt me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do just fine on your glucose tests. If you fail even one out of the four numbers from the last one, you will get to do it all over again. MWAHAHA! I know. Pain in the butt. Better than giving birth to a sixteen pound baby. Is Chris gaining any weight? He better be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sorry to hear about the glucose test. I have mine next friday...hopefully all goes well. You look beautiful! I think prego women are adorable no matter how huge they think they look :) hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could say something mean like what happened to the door behind you?? But I won't cuz I'm just amazed at the difference between your last picture and this one. Baby Tristan is going through a growth spurt!!! Thinking about this evening 25 years ago and remembering the anticipation. It won't be long now....patience..right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails